giovedì 16 maggio 2013

On normality and on testing people

When I started complaining about how many fake people there are in this world, M. just went:

"Aw, but I remember you telling me you test people, right? I mean, you say things you really don't agree with to see what their reaction is going to be and whether you can be good friends with them."

I don't know where this piece of information came from, I am pretty sure I have never done that and I was quite shocked to hear  things about myself I didn't know about :) Nevertheless, I think testing people wouldn't be such a bad idea. Like on those matchmaking websites, right? You pass the test - we can be friends. The truth is...Well, as someone once said, "The truth is rarely pure and never simple". Neither are we, so I don't think testing would work with human relations...We are way too complicated. One must just learn that there are different degrees of closeness and different degrees of trust. My problem is that I am always myself and I think other people are always who they are too. Big mistake.  


I think it's funny how our brain works. We often misinterpret other people's behaviour (I do, at least), we sometimes remember things that never happened and often have some kind of premonitions. Blogging only adds more confusion to the whole thing since it is hard to remember what you've told someone personally and what people know about you because they read your posts. An even more complex stage is dreaming about having read something that has never been written on a blog. Stuff like that happens to perfectly normal and balanced people. :)

As you probably know, all perfectly balanced people have two personalities.

Right now, the pessimist in me says: 

"I am actually tired of dealing with people: hypocritical colleagues, wheelchair dealers, taxi drivers, fake friends whom you don't want to see and true friends you don't manage to see because you are too busy. This is why I have decided to take the weekend off and go away. By away I don't mean somewhere far, I just mean the middle of the sea, on a sailing boat. Just me, the sea, a light breeze the wind and the sun. I am really looking forward to it!"

I can't wait for the weekend to begin...


On the other hand, the optimist thinks:

"The universe helps you find a solution to any problem. I am not religious at all, in fact I am an atheist. Yet, I think very little is left to chance. Your life plans may change and your whole world might be turned upside down, but in the end things always work out. If you really want something (and you work hard for it), you'll get there eventually. The world is full of amazing people who can teach you a lot and allow you to be someone great. Peace and love"

Both the optimist and the pessimist in me agree that if you are reading this you've probably passed the test and are now part of a very restricted group of privileged people. :) As for me, I feel privileged too. A couple of lovely chats, a(n unexpected delivery of) beer and a cake just turned a crappy day into a good one. I have also just added the testing anecdote to my (already very long) list of in-jokes. :)




1 commento: